Monday, March 14, 2005

Life Cycle of a Star

I remember that night
in October 1995, us standing
in the Deep Eddy Bar parking
lot, you pressing my hand between
yours. I see us both from a third
perspective, as if I were a small
star squeezed in the sky corner
and wondering what would happen to us.

We dated, mated, fell apart.
I was satisfied but couldn't
become. Stars change
in size and pressure to burn
new fuel. Now I must be protostar,
making shape from a nebulous past.

I left your orbit long ago, and I think
about that hand press too often. What kept
me there? That ridiculous shine in your eyes:

This is your metaphor, and I never
meant to darken it. Glow on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Omar (7D7 Studios) said...

Beautiful!

10:56 AM  
Blogger angela buckley said...

Hi, "the" max. Thanks for reading this poem. Maybe you liked it because the "third perspective" is sort of like a camera.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home